History of Bill Terpening's Medford Fuel
Medford Fuel served the the residential, industrial, commercial, and agricultural needs of the Rogue Valley and Southern Oregon from the 1920's through 2018. The Terpening Family continues in business in the Rogue Valley with Bill Terpening's 24-hour Storage in White City.
On November 1, 1964, Bill and Patsy Terpening moved to Medford with their family to take over the Mobil Oil Consignee position located at the old General Petroleum Bulk Plant. In 1967, they purchased Medford Fuel, a heating oil company supplying Southern Oregon since the 1920's, in order to balance the winter slump. At the time, the Medford Fuel office was located on the corner of McAndrews and Court Street, where the Rodda Paint store is now. They added the Valley Rental U-Haul dealership for summer work in 1967. Bill moved their expanding offices to 2121 South Pacific Highway, where Les Schwab Tires is today, as Medford Fuel - Valley Rental. Narrowing the business back to fuel, the Terpenings moved the office back to the old General Petroleum Plant / Mobil Bulk Plant at 936 South Central. In 1980, Bill and Patsy purchased the Mobil Oil Distributorship and operated at that location until 2018, when Medford Fuel became part of Carson Oil, another long-time family owned business in Oregon.
From wood and heating fuel, rentals, service station delivery, General Petroleum, Mobil Oil, to BP Oil / Tosco Oil, and Pacific Pride, Medford Fuel saw many diverified products and brands sold through its name, but what remained the same is the "Bill Terpening" name. Today, the Bill Terrpening name continues as the family continues to perated Bill Terpening's 24-Hour Storage in White City, with company offices in Talent, Oregon.
Medford Fuel Home Page